Ads Top

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Patience Ozokwo Speaks On How She was Forced Into Marriage At The Age of 19 (Read)

Veteran actress, Patience Ozokwor has opened up on her marriage to her late husband.
Speaking to RTV, Patience Ozokwor revealed that she was forced into marriage by her parents age 19, and wasn't giving any choice as she couldn't disobey them because she wasn't brought up in that manner. "It was not my decision. And if it’s not my decision then I was forced into it. 
I did not see any reason my parents were forcing me as I was still young. And even at that age I had so many suitors and they just wanted me to get married. You know when you come from a polygamous family and your mother is struggling for her own daughters to get married and this other one is also struggling for her own daughters to get married and when this one came around and I said no I should make a choice. but I was not allowed to make that choice. They didn't give me that choice and at the end, I had to obey my parents. I was not brought up to disobey them at all."


No comments:

Shybellmedia. Powered by Blogger.