Ads Top

18-MONTH-OLD BABY DIES AS MOTHER MISTAKENLY SERVES HIM KEROSENE AS WATER [Photo]

The deceased Israel Buhari
An 18-month-old boy has died after consuming a bottle of kerosene, which his mother served him as water in Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area of Edo State.

The incident reportedly occurred on Iguma Street, off Medical road in Benin, the state capital.

The deceased, identified as Israel Buhari, was said to have received the substance from his mother, a kerosene vendor, when he complained of thirst at about 10 am last Tuesday.

It was learnt that the little boy gulped the petroleum product, but spat out the rest of the content when it became unpalatable for him.

The mother, Mrs. Ata, was said to have realised that she had served her only son the wrong drink when he screamed in pain from the impact of the ingested substance.

The infant was offered some palm oil before been rushed to a hospital where he died few hours later.

A source said, “Few minutes after ingesting the substance, the little child’s eyes turned pure white as he screamed uncontrollably.”

No comments:

Shybellmedia. Powered by Blogger.