Ads Top

Former Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, Loses Wife, Kate To Cancer




Former coach of Nigeria’s national team, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has just lost his wife. The wife was pronounced dead few hours ago on Thursday at his home town in Delta state. The news of her death was reported on Kapital 929.fm, a Delta state based radio station.

According to Keshi in his own words “Kate has been battling with cancer for sometimes. She give up the ghost on Wednesday in the hospice.” With a very shaky voice he said from their California home, “she was ill for a while now and I’m still in shock of this great loss.”

The former Togo and Mali gaffer who last March gave out his daughter, Ifeyinwa, in marriage praised the virtues of his late wife. At a point, he could not hold the pains as he broke down sobbing.

“She is my co-opted mother, she is more like my own sister and was the rock behind my successes as a player and later as coach,” he said.

He however struggled to reveal that the burial arrangements will be made public in the coming weeks after consulting with his family.

Meanwhile, Keshi was once quoted as saying that he married at a very tender age because he was influenced by a coach.

According to him, ‘a coach in the then New Nigerian Bank Football Club, who told me that I could be a better player, if I could get a wife or somebody I could hook up with or else I would get carried away by the way girls flocked around me.’



May her gentle soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Shybellmedia. Powered by Blogger.